The beginning of the year: the heart is troubled by songs and dances with a tambourine by the campfire..
Dancing with a tambourine – this expression means solving a problem with techniques, the meaning of which is not completely clear to the one who solves the problem.
To cause the rain shamans, as well as to solve unsolvable problems programmers have a special term ‘dance with tambourine’. But it may be very probable that some sports organizations have adopted this term.
Since the new year there has been a talk of a split in draughts circles and a protest movement organized by some figures. This is not the first such demarche, and none of them led to anything good. At the moment our ruling minds in draughts have decided to abandon the IDF competitions. This means that for a long period of time children will be deprived of meetings with the strongest players in the world, in the presence of a whole school and coaches in draughts on a small board. These steps are the “suicide” of our sport. All championships on a small board lose their meaning, and the title of champion of local significance will look humiliating. But this is our opinion.
We repeat – we personally are not going to to dance with a tambourine and step on a rake. But more about that later.
The Board of the Latvian Draughts Federation, by expressing and supporting radical views, “blackmailing”, once again violate the Principles of the Olympic Charter. We will give excerpts from it:
- The goal of Olympism is to place sport at the service of the harmonious development of humankind, with a view to promoting a peaceful society concerned with the preservation of human dignity.
- The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practising sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play.
- The enjoyment of the rights and freedoms set forth in this Olympic Charter shall be secured without discrimination of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status.
By the way we have conveyed a wish to Mairis Briedis to learn to play draughts as soon as possible. And he was pleased to learn that in draughts, as well as in the ring, there is one rule – it is mandatory to beat. (Those who are familiar with some of the letters will understand our sentence.)
And in the end:
- Taking into account the complaints received by the ‘DRAUGHTS LEAGUE-2022’ participants about the unworthy behavior of Maygonis Yukhnevich during the last stage, as well as taking into account past violations related to alcohol consumption, we have decided to suspend Maygonis Yukhnevich from participating in our tournaments for two years.
- Considering that Evgeny Matveev, while taking part in our tournaments, signed the protocols on the suspension of Vsevolod Teterin from sports activities, thus violating the ethical and elementary sporting principles and norms of the ‘Diagonale’ society, we have decided to suspend him from our tournaments for three years.
- In the future it was decided to continue to monitor the activities of players and functionaries who violate the basic ethical and sporting principles more closely and in detail.
About the positive..
In our next article..